Criminal defense barristers in England and Wales on Monday continued the strike they started last week.
The strike was triggered by a dispute over pay and conditions, and the criminal defense barristers will stage a new three-day walkout starting on Monday.
The Criminal Bar Association (CBA) argued that barristers have lost 28% of their real earnings since 2006.
Barristers will gather at the Royal Courts of Justice in London, Liverpool Crown Court, Nottingham Crown Court and Birmingham Crown Court in support of CBA action.
The Ministry of Justice last week said that the criminal barristers will see a 15% pay rise from October; however, the CBA members rejected the rise and said they are planning new walkouts in the next two weeks.
Due to the action, many cases are being adjourned across England and Wales, creating a backlog.
"Our energetic efforts to tackle the courts backlog are working but the strike action by criminal barristers threatens all that progress, despite the very generous pay offer on the table," said Justice Minister James Cartlidge./aa