Date: 18 Rajab 1444   Wednesday 08 February 2023

  • Last Update: Tuesday 07 February 2023، 14:09:32.

Featured
Doctor reveals harrowing medical experiments in Chinese concentration camps

08:22 06 September 2020 Author :  

A doctor has made a series of startling claims about forced abortion and womb removal being carried out by Chinese authorities in its Uyghur prison camps.

The woman, a resident of Turkey and a Uyghur Muslim, spoke to ITV News under confidentiality, revealing the horror she witnessed inside the camps.

There have been ongoing claims against the Chinese government for its treatment of the Uyghur and ethnic Turkic minorities in the western Xinjiang region of the country.

Many have allegedly been forced into detention camps, which the Chinese government calls re-education camps.

The woman, a gynecologist, told the British news program that she worked for the Chinese government as part of population control.

“The clear intention was ethnic cleansing,” she told ITV News.

The woman, who has since fled China, claims she participated in between 500-600 operations on Uyghur women including forced womb removal, forced sterilisation and forced abortion.

In a harrowing interview, the doctor said on at least one occasion a baby was still moving when it was put into a garbage bin.

The allegations of forced birth control are backed by research conducted by the Associated Press into the murky world of China’s concentration camps.

Mirehmet Ablet, also a Uyghur Muslim, is among those who have left China due to the “crackdown” on its Muslim minority by the Chinese Communist in the past decade.

He told Yahoo News Australia in July that his brother went missing in 2017 and he believes he is still languishing in one of the camps.

After years of silence, Mr Ablet has decided to speak publicly about his brother’s case in a last-ditch effort to save his life.

“This is the last chance for us, this is the best way, to make it public, it’s our last chance to save him,” Mr Ablet told Yahoo News Australia. “Time to make it public otherwise I might lose my brother.

British human rights lawyer Geoffrey Nice, who previously led the prosecution of ex-Serbian President Slobodan Milosevic over the Balkans war and worked with the International Criminal Court, has been asked by the World Uyghur Congress to investigate “ongoing atrocities and possible genocide” against the Uyghur people.

Allegations against China about potential genocide are “questions that should be asked and answered” but such claims have never been legally scrutinised in public, Mr Nice told the Associated Press.

Organisers are in the initial stages of gathering evidence, and expect to receive a substantial number of submissions from Uyghurs exiled abroad over the next few months.

New evidence that may emerge includes testimony from several former security guards who were involved in the Xinjiang detention ca

“At the moment, the strongest evidence would appear to be evidence of incarceration and possibly evidence of enforced sterilisation,” Mr. Nice said.

He added that forced sterilization, as the woman claimed, could breach the Genocide Convention.

Chinese officials have repeatedly derided allegations of rights abuses in Xinjiang as fabricated, and insist that all ethnicities are treated equally.

Read 1567

Related News:

Weather

Partly Cloudy

15°C

Kuwait

Partly Cloudy

Humidity: 75%

Wind: 30.58 km/h

  • 04 Jan 2019

    Sunny 18°C 12°C

  • 05 Jan 2019

    Mostly Sunny 17°C 11°C

  • Most Popular
  • Most Commented
Top